Thursday, July 1, 2010

It can be overwhelming!

I am trying to be healthy, feed my family lots of fruits and vegetables, but what are the right ones to feed them? Do I buy Organic or do I buy conventional. I have just read two articles about fruits and vegetables and their nutritional values and pesticide levels (http://www.nehealthadvisory.com/2010/06/how-to-buy-the-right-fruits-and-veggies and http://www.nehealthadvisory.com/2010/06/fruits-and-vegetables-frozen-versus-canned). It's hard to manage all of the information. There is so much to manage, yes, it may be organic, but has it lost it's nutritional value because it is coming from CA and I live in GA and that's 3,000 miles and weeks on a truck being exposed to air toxins, gasoline fumes and has been picked before being ripe so that it will last a couple of weeks on the transport and not be rotten before arriving in the store and landing in my kitchen. And now, you need to eat 43 peaches to just get the nutritional value you used to be able to get from eating 2 and that same peach now has 4,000 some odd pesticides you ingest into your system.


IT'S NO WONDER CANCER AND OTHER UNEXPLAINABLE DISEASES ARE ON THE RISE. IT'S NO WONDER FOOD TASTES DIFFERENT THAN IT USED TO.

So, I try to be a responsible mom and do what I can do.  Buy healthy food and wash it, peel it and get educated on the many ways to have non-toxic things in the house.  It's the whole picture and you do what you can without going crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, there is so much information thrown at us and so much information out there-I swear some times I just want to move to the middle of no where and have my own garden and farm so I know exactly what I am feeding my family and putting in my body!

    ReplyDelete