Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breakfast for Hunter

Why is it that I think my 3 year old would want the same breakfast every day?  Yet, I am surprised and slightly annoyed when he decides he wants something different.  It is partly because he usually does want the same thing every morning.  In the winter, he ate oatmeal and raisins like it was going out of style.  In the spring, it was O's cereal with strawberries.  Then we added blueberries.  This morning, he wanted something else. 

He opened the freezer and was CERTAIN that there was something in there that he wanted for breakfast.  I was hoping he would not find something bad for him like the frozen blue popsicle I had not let him have back in late May (I don't yet understand why I have not thrown that away...I'm just asking for trouble I do realize).  However, much to my surprise and delight he found the one thing that I would be happy to serve him.  Frozen peaches from last summer.  They were sooooo yummy.  But what to make with them.  Hmmmmm.

Well, I had some 'on the verge of too ripe' bananas I needed to use (or freeze), I had some strawberries that were on the verge of being also too ripe.  I had a smidgen of yogurt left in the container that was also on the verge...  So, I thought, SMOOTHIE.  I turned to Hunter and told him I had a super yummy drink I was going to make with those frozen peaches!

He got super excited!  And boy did he have fun drinking it.  I just know that tomorrow, he is going to want another smoothie.  And I will happily oblige.  What more could I want than my kid drinking a smoothie in the morning for breakfast?  If only I could eat so well (which I did this morning as I shared in the smoothie drinking).

No comments:

Post a Comment