Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today I was Supermom.

Today I was supermom...started with oversleeping, then breakfast with Hunter.  Getting him ready for school, thank you that today I didn't need to make his lunch, and good thing I just look like a normal mom that rolled out of bed to get her child to school and we don't have to make sure we look "dressed" to drop him off and pick him up.  I look like all the other moms (love that).  I get him out the door into the car and off to school (yay, we're not late!).  Get home, make coffee, and figure out what to cook for dinner tonight for our friends.  Love my new Ina Garten cookbook...decide on Chicken Picata.  Now what you will soon discover is that I am the baker in the family.  I bake the banana bread, the cupcakes, the cheesecake (all of which I'm REALLY good at), I am not a cook.  I make lasagna (which to me is baking), I make (baked) ziti, I make casseroles...which to me is like baking.  I am not a cook.  That is my husband's department. 

A few weeks ago I declared Friday night my dinner night, to give my husband a break.  (I supposed Friday ought to be his cleaning day to give me a break -- but I digress).  So, I've decided what we're having even though I've never made it before, how hard could it be?  Pound the chicken breasts, dip in flour, dip in egg, dip in bread crumbs, put in pan, put in oven....oh right then there's the sauce..., in hindsight, maybe not so easy.  Also making broccoli and wild rice.

Anyway, I went grocery shopping, then vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathrooms, picked up Hunter, took him to park for 1 1/2 hours (because I said I would yesterday), played at home with Hunter before his nap, then naptime.  Ahhhhh, naptime.  I love naptime.  Quiet.  I finished vacuuming, cleaned the rest of the house including two sets french door windows, showered, poured myself a glass of wine and started to make dinner! Thanks to husband for prepping the sauce, so that when I needed the ingredients, they were right there.  Guests arrive, house looks great, all is well.

whew! end of day! success all around!!!  Glad that I don't need to be supermom all of the time.  It's exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment