Monday, May 17, 2010

Wow! Already it's summer!


I feel as if Spring just flew by -- well, it practically did.  My parents came to visit for 2 weeks at the beginning of April... and then we had the Easter egg hunts...





and then it was Hunter's 3rd birthday, and the making of the dinosaur train birthday cake. 

I feel like I woke up and it was the middle of May.  This is the last week of school.  He has two weeks off, then a few weeks of "camp" and then two weeks off and then another 3 weeks of "camp".  I am "" camp because to me it seems like more of what he is already doing, but there are themes for each week. 

I am trying to be "the best parent ever" but I feel my life, and Hunter's life, is just flying by.  It's hard to just stop and catch my breath and see what Hunter is doing.  He's now 3 and it was a month already since his birthday!  It seems like just yesterday and so long ago.  Next thing I know, he'll be 18 and going to college. 

Breathe, inhale, breathe it all in, soon it will be gone.  How can I get it all on video tape?  Any parent out there yet able to download their brain's video onto a flash drive?  That's what I want to do -- save it all and be able to watch it again and again.  It's all too precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment